Bastille Day

Update: the official video of the fireworks is up now (note: reload page if the video doesn't play).

Feu d'artifice du 14 juillet 2011 : l'intégrale par mairiedeparis

This year's Bastille Day fireworks show just ended. I remembered the crowds from last year and how you had to get there hours ahead to get a decent place, so I decided to watch the show from home this time around.

Disclaimer: my dinky camera doesn't like the night so, out of 50+ shots, I only got 4 decent ones.





The show lasted a good half hour. Here's a clip of the last minute of the show:


Call me a nerd but I thought the most interesting part of the whole thing was the very end where you can really notice how it takes at least a good 3 or 4 seconds for the sound to get to you. By the way, the people hollering are my French neighbors on my street, who are normally very quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa... that's crazy... 100X better than what we saw during 4th of July here...

    ReplyDelete