A Russian encounter... in Paris

The Cold War between the US and the USSR ended back when I was in kindergarten, so the little I know about the Soviet world comes mostly from textbooks.  Imagine my surprise when I found a stand dedicated exclusively to Soviet memorabilia.
The lady at the stand said everything was original 100% made in Russia.  That rarely works as a sales pitch where I'm from.

I don't recall ever seeing anything even remotely related to the USSR back in LA, so I felt a bit awkward and out of place being surround by all these things that are supposedly "evil".
This guy seems to be having the time of his life however.

Most of the stuff seemed to have Lenin in it, from little portraits to statues to huge canvases.
Suddenly the fact that they've preserved his body for all these years doesn't sound too crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment