Buenos Aires: Street Shows

Buenos Aires has had a tourist boom ever since the peso got devalued 3 to 1. Now there are tourists all over the city (mainly from Brazil) and people put up shows with whatever talent they might have to make a buck. I've seen magicians, hip hop dancers, even a guy who would walk on broken glass and nails for money.

Here's a street party in San Telmo. I'm pretty sure they were smoking something to act this weird.


La murga, a Argentine style of music. Fast paced with lots of drums and percussion.



The best show I saw was a street stand-up comic called El Chileno. It was like two in the morning but there were at least two hundred people in the crowd. It was one of the most memorable things I did during my trip, and it didn't cost a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment