Salon de l'Agriculture: French Food 3


I don't think I've ever seen bread this big. It looks better than it tastes, though.


This one is a picture of the stand representing the island of Martinique. They get really creative with fruits, making all kinds of sweets that look like peanut brittle. I could feel a cavity forming just looking at them.


I was surprised that they had a bakery actually making bread at the stand. Have you ever had a French baguette right out of the oven? Yummy, yummy. Absolutely to die for. And it's cheap too (only a dollar or so a piece).
I survived mainly on baguettes and water when I first got to Paris, not that food is so expensive but rather because stores close so early (I always used to go grocery shopping after midnight back in LA).

No comments:

Post a Comment